For the vast majority of children and young people, coronavirus is a mild illness. Children and young people (0 to 18 years of age) who have been classed as clinically extremely vulnerable due to preexisting medical conditions have been advised to shield . The government has stated that these children are not expected to attend school and should continue to be supported at home as much as possible. Clinically vulnerable (but not clinically extremely vulnerable) people are those considered to be at a higher risk of severe illness from coronavirus – this includes those with asthma; diabetes; who are taking medications that can affect the immune system e.g a low dose of steroids. A small minority of children will fall into this category, and parents should follow medical advice if their child is in this category.
Recent news items
- Newsletter 17.07.23 17th July 2023
- Newsletter 10.07.23 12th July 2023
- Newsletter – 12.06.23 12th June 2023
- Water safety – South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service 12th June 2023
- Newsletter – 05.06.23 12th June 2023