Information Report for Pupils with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND)

Welcome to Millhouse Primary Schools special educational needs and disability (SEND) Information Report. We hope that you will find the following information useful in helping you understand the variety of ways in which we are able to support your child. It is our aim to support your child in reaching their full potential in order to ensure a successful transition into adult life.

Millhouse Primary School is an inclusive school and we believe that all children should be valued and treated with respect. We have a strong focus on high aspirations and improving outcomes for all our pupils. As a school we use our best endeavours to ensure that the provision for all our pupils is of the highest possible standard, whilst acknowledging that we are continually striving to improve our practice.

We are committed to narrowing the attainment gap between children with SEND and their peers. The school work with due regard to all relevant legislation and guidance including; the SEND Code of Practice (2015), the Equality Act (2010) and the Children and Families Act (2014).

Our Special Educational Need Co-ordinator (SENCO) is Miss Dent.

Our SEN Governor is Reverend Philip Bee.

Our Head Teacher is Karen Gray.

Local offer

We are part of the Barnsley Local Authority and therefore work as part of ‘Barnsley’s SEND Local Offer’ to pupils and parents with Special Educational Needs. The link for the Local Offer is available on our website Home page along with our current SEND Information Report. Alternatively, you can visit and look through all of the services available.

Please click on the links below to read the different sections of our SEND Information Report. If there is anything that you want to ask, or if you have any suggestions for improving our Information Report, then please do not hesitate to contact our SENCO, Jessica Dent.

Click the links below for further details about our SEND:

What is a special educational need?

What is a disability?

What are the SEND areas of need?

What should I do if I think my child has special needs or disability?

What will happen once I have shared my concerns with the school?

What is an IEP?

What is a statement or Education Health Care Plan?

What can I expect the school to do in order to meet my child’s special educational needs?

How is the school building and learning environment adapted to meet my child’s SEND?

How effective is the school’s provision for children with special educational needs?

What is the role and responsibility of the SEND governor and the Governing body?

What support will my child receive during transition?